We are currently coaching in person outside and will be coaching inside from 17th May 2021. There will be a staggered return of sessions as we adapt to the new ways of working with COVID compliance.
There will still be online coaching sessions as well as in person. For up to date information on classes both in person and online, see the schedule on this website. There is also personal training 1-2-1 sessions available, please contact for further information.
I have been working closely with my governing body – EMDP –to establish some clear guidelines for how we can continue to operate safely and effectively. A comprehensive list of the framework to reopen can be found HERE and on the Regulator CIMPSA website HERE
In conjunction with this framework there are a number of further actions that I have taken to ensure that we have one of the safest training environments for all;
- Coaching Sessions In Person
All participants are to book into a class or coaching session online via the mindbody booking ap (see schedule on this website). Within your confirmation there is a reminder of the COVID requirements. In summary these are:
To comply with the latest government guidelines we have implemented a few changes to our sessions that you need to be aware of:
Pre-attendance official symptom check
All class participants must undergo a self-assessment for any COVID-19 symptoms.
No one should leave home to participate in activity or to spectate if they, or someone they live with, have symptoms of COVID-19 currently recognised as any of the following:
• A high temperature
• A new, continuous cough
• A loss of, or change to, their sense of smell or taste.
An individual who displays any such symptoms must follow NHS and PHE guidance on self-isolation
Updated Health Screen Forms & Waivers
Everyone needs to complete a new one if you wish to attend an exercise session in person, these have been emailed to everyone on my client list already. When you book into a class online, it may also prompt you to complete a new form. If neither happen, then please raise with me ahead of your attendance to arrange a new form for you individually to be completed prior to your attendance.
Class numbers and social distancing measures
Government guidance states that you must maintain social distancing wherever possible.
Social distancing applies to all parts of a business and/or organisation, not just the place where people spend most of their time, but also entrances and exits, break rooms, canteens, and similar settings.
UK Government’s social distancing guidelines have been updated (May 2021) to reflect 2m between people.
You will be required to bring all your own equipment to sessions. Please do not share with others. Please clean equipment before, during and after sessions. Please bring your own sanitiser to do so. Please only bring what you need to participate in the class and nothing else. Bring your own water with you.
Moving around, to and from all group exercise settings
• If arriving by car and park at venue, please park away from others whever possible to maintain social distancing.
• Please limit the time spent congregating at the venue before activity begins.
• You should arrive 5 minutes prior to the class and wear a face mask from your car to your allocated space in the class.
• Please do not arrive late to the class as you will not be able to join.
• Masks should not be worn during the class but replaced when leaving the class.
• You should arrive changed in appropriate fitness wear and ready to begin the class.
• If an individual is symptomatic and/or living in a household with a possible COVID-19 infection they should remain at home and follow UK Government guidance. In addition, any participants who have been asked to isolate by NHS Test and Trace because they are a contact of a known COVID-19 case, must not exercise outside their home or garden and must not exercise with others.
• You should report any infection of your household to the Test and Trace system following use of any facility to limit the spread of the virus (section 3).
• Participants should follow UK Government guidance on shielding and protecting people who are clinically extremely vulnerable from COVID-19 if it applies to them. As of 29th March, shielding is due to be reduced by government guidelines.
During the group exercise activity
• You should enter the venue and prepare your personal equipment whilst maintaining social distancing.
• Participants should bring their own water bottle. These must not be shared under any circumstances.
• Please maintain your personal hygiene at home before and after the group exercise class.
• Participants should always bring their own hand sanitiser and maintain strict and frequent hand hygiene measures while at the venue.
• For advice on reducing the risk of infection when outside your home see https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/social-distancing/what-you-need-to-do/ .
• No physical contact such as handshaking, hugging or movements/choreography undertaken that involves body contact. Participants should not hand any personal items to the instructor or another.
• For safety guidelines you should maintain social distancing at all times together with all other health and safety guidelines.
• Music may be of a low volume (if played) to discourage shouting. This is because of the potential for increased transmission, particularly from aerosols and droplet transmission.
o Please refrain from shouting out, cheer or singing during a class to reduce excessive air particles.
• A ‘hygiene break’ will take place every 20 minutes when equipment can be cleaned with suitable wipes and all participants’ hands are cleaned using your own sanitiser.
• This routine should also be followed at the start of any drinks break.
After the group exercise activity
• All participants should sanitise their hands at the end of the activity.
• Participants should exit whilst maintaining social distancing and wearing a mask. Where possible, there will be a one-way system for participants and have separate entrances and exits to and from the buildings
• At the end of each class cleaning is undertaken, so please leave the exercise space, with social distancing and without delay.
2. Risk Assessments
- There is a COVID-19 Risk Assessment in place – details of it can be found BELOW
- In addition to the above and our standard risk assessment, there is an additional COVID risk assessment for each venue
- At every in person session a class risk assessment (RA02) is undertaken
3. If I have to self Isolate – all coaching sessions will revert to being online for the duration required and then return afterwards
4. If a participant becomes symptomatic in coaching session:
1.Isolate: Remove the person from others. If they are clinically unstable, they will be isolated in a separate room and medical assistance called for. Venue to be notified to ensure the isolation room to be cleaned after use.
2.Inform: Tell health authorities by calling the national COVID-19 hotline and follow the advice of health officials. Depending on the situation, authorities could give specific advice.
3.Transport: Make sure the person has transport, either to their home or to a medical facility.
4.Clean: The area where the person has been and all the places they have been should be cleaned. This may mean evacuating those areas. Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) should be used when cleaning.
5.Identify: Find out if anyone in our group had close contact with the infected person recently, up to 24 hours before they first started experiencing symptoms.
Close contact means anyone who has been face-to-face for at least 15 minutes with the infected person or has been in the same space as them for two hours.
Those should be asked to isolate. If the infected person had contact with many of the group, all may have to self-isolate for 14 days.
6.Clean: The areas where these people have been should also be cleaned, this could involve the evacuation of these areas and cleaners should also use PPE.
7.Review: The controls of the risks of COVID-19 and decide whether work may need to change, with participants kept up to date on what is happening and on the appropriate safety procedures.
5. Returning to coaching sessions post isolation or having COVID 19
No participant will return to the class for at least 10 days from the onset of symptoms and they must be at least 7 days with no symptoms. They will not be allowed back to group sessions for at least 14 days from the onset of symptoms and will require clearance from the COVID Medical officer before they return.
In the Health Screen forms in your membership portal and Mindbody booking system, I ask if you can please make me aware if you have had COVID 19 as I can provide guidance on the potential impact it can have on your returning to fitness and approach to take.
6. If you are in a household with vulnerable adults or ar vulnerable
Clinically extremely vulnerable individuals or those continuing to live with anyone deemed clinically extremely vulnerable should not be engaged in the class environment in line with current government advice.
I am committed to operating in the safest and most considered way possible and will take every step necessary to do so. Should you have any questions or concerns please don’t hesitate to contact me on firstname.lastname@example.org or on 07833 449630.
General Risk Assessment Click HERE
COVID Risk Assessment Click HERE
Risk Assessment – Outdoor Activity – Potters Mede Click HERE
Risk Assessment – Outdoor Activity – Sevenoaks Bat & Ball Center MUGA
Risk Assessment – Indoor Activity – Borough Green Village Hall
Risk Assessment – Indoor Activity – Walthamstow Hall
Risk Assessment – Indoor Activity – Platt Hall
Risk Assessment – Indoor Activity – Westkingsdown VH
Risk Assessment – Indoor Activity – Bat & Ball Center
EMDUK Instructor Ready Certificate